Things to be taken care while choosing a bridal lehenga
Choosing a bridal lehenga can be a daunting task, as there are many factors to consider and you want to make sure you choose something that you will feel beautiful and confident in on your special day. Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your bridal lehenga:
- Consider your body shape: Different lehenga styles will flatter different body types. For example, an A-line lehenga will look great on someone with an hourglass figure, while mermaid-style lehenga might be more flattering on someone with a more athletic build.
- Think about the overall style and theme of your wedding: Your lehenga should complement the overall style and theme of your wedding. For example, if you are having a traditional Indian wedding, you might choose a classic red lehenga, while if you are having a modern, Western-style wedding, you might choose a lehenga in a more contemporary color or design.
- Keep in mind the fabric and embellishments: Different fabrics and embellishments will have different levels of comfort and durability. For example, a bridal lehenga made from lightweight cotton or chiffon will be more comfortable to wear in hot weather, while a lehenga made from heavy silk or velvet will be more appropriate for cooler weather. Similarly, a lehenga with simple, elegant embroidery will be more timeless, while a lehenga with more elaborate and heavy embellishments will be more trendy.
- Consider the practicality: Ensure that the lehenga is easy to move around in, sit and dance, you should be able to feel comfortable and at ease.
- Choose a bridal lehenga that complements your skin tone: Certain colors will complement your skin tone better than others. For example, if you have a darker skin tone, you might choose a lehenga in a bold, bright color like red or orange, while if you have a fairer skin tone, you might choose a lehenga in a more subdued color like pink or beige.
- Think about the details of the lehenga: Pay attention to the details of the lehenga, such as the cut of the choli or the draping of the dupatta. These details can add an extra touch of elegance or make a more dramatic statement.
- Don’t compromise on comfort for fashion : Keep in mind that you’ll be wearing the lehenga for several hours. Ensure that the lehenga is comfortable, doesn’t chaff and allows for ease of movement.
- Take advice from your tailor or designer : Discuss your preferences with your tailor or designer, they can give you the best advice on how to choose the perfect lehenga for your body type and style. Also, take time to try on a variety of different styles and designs to find the one that you feel most comfortable in and beautiful.
- Consider the season: The season is also an important factor to keep in mind while choosing your lehenga. If your wedding is in the summer, you may want to avoid heavy fabrics like velvet or silk and opt for lighter fabrics such as chiffon or georgette.
- Take care of budgeting: Setting a budget for your lehenga is important so you don’t overspend. Having a budget will help you narrow down your options and make it easier to find a lehenga that fits your financial needs.
It’s also wise to try on several different styles and designs before making your final decision. And you could also seek the opinion from your loved ones or bridal consultants. With these factors in mind, you’ll be sure to choose the perfect bridal lehenga for your special day. A bridal lehenga that makes you feel beautiful and confident on your special day. Remember to take your time.